When you want to work in the entertainment world, it is all about who you know and who you interact with on a regular basis. That means that there is history between you and the other party and that you know them and have worked with them on multiple projects. Here are some of the top 5 ways you can break that fragile bond with the wrong actions overnight.
1. Being Dishonest: The world of entertainment is a small one. If you are not being truthful with your partners you will not be able to be effective in business and will leave yourself open to many long term issues.
2. Substance Abuse Issues: If you are having an issue with substance abuse, you should seek help. Drinking and staying out all night are a good way to get your name added to the bad child star list, or the list of people who are difficult to work with. In Hollywood that can be the kiss of death.
3. Gossiping: Never dish the dirt on anyone else. Do you know what their situation is or was? The answer is probably no and for that reason, who are you to judge without knowing their situation? Remember what your mother always said.
4. Being Tardy: As the old saying goes, always be 15 minutes early or you are late, especially in Hollywood. As everyone is so busy, it is very important to make sure that you are there so that you will be able to be on schedule and not behind the eight ball. Being late can throw off everyone else's schedule for the rest of the day as well and create a domino effect. Set that alarm, have that coffee and get it started.
5. No Follow Through: When you have people who are waiting on something, be sure you follow up right away! That will make sure that you are able to keep everyone in the loop on the promises as well as the deadlines that should be expected from you.